Perhaps the concept of calories is similar to the symbolic concept of money. These concepts represent a standard currency of energy, resources, and value.
Just like money means different things to different people, calories contain various levels of value despite using the same numerations.
In this article, you will learn about:
- Purpose and historical context of calories
- Why modern humans have such deteriorating health
- Complexities of metabolism and benefits of real food
- Evidence of nutrients ability to burn fat (and limitations of calorie deficits)
- Possible route forward for your own health journey