Brain health reflects who you are as a person.
Our brains are the computers that send signals, receive pleasure, and allow us to follow our dreams. Without a healthy brain, you’re at risk for dementia, mental disease, Alzheimer’s, acute memory loss, fatigue, inability to concentrate, and depression.
So it makes sense to feed your brain with the right stuff!
Martek Biosciences Corp. developed an index to rate populations of all 50 states, and CONGRATS to my fellow Washingtonians in the Top 3 Healthiest Brain states, we really are as smart as they say.
Not surprisingly, the most obese states ranked worse for brain health, with Louisiana at the far bottom on the list. (View list)
How can I keep my brain healthy for life?
- Drink lots of pure water — at least 8 glasses per day.
- Make sure fruits and vegetables are a normal part of your diet: antioxidants key to brain health.
- Eat Wild Fish full of Omega-3 fatty acids. The Omega-3 fatty acid known as DHA will keep you sharp. Unfortunately, the American diet is largely missing in Omega-3’s. Most people should supplement with Fish Oil to get enough Omega-3’s.
Keeping your brain healthy is a lifestyle
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, and drugs which can degrade the brain (among much more…)
- Exercise regularly!
- Socialize with friends. Humans are a social and emotional species, it is in our nature to spend time with others.
- Challenge your mind by learning new things, solving puzzles, and using your creativity.
- Reduce stress — we all have our own ways. Yoga, meditation, praying, cooking, exercising, etc.
Treat your brain well, and your brain shall treat you well.
Clarity of thought is a gift that I give to myself everyday, by eating healthy, exercising, and continually growing as a person. Healthy hobbies…working out, writing a positive health blog, and making healthy food more gourmet than ever before.
Joy to the world, and to brains everywhere.