Getting fit and healthy doesn’t have to break the bank.
The bulk food aisle in Fred Meyer is loaded with fantastic nutrition for affordable prices.
Multiple Servings for LESS than a dollar
- Lentils (slow carbs, protein, fiber): One dollar for five servings.
- Oatmeal (slow carbs, protein, fiber, lower cholesterol): One dollar for five servings
- Walnuts (healthy fats — omega-3, protein, fiber): One dollar for two servings
- Nuts/Seeds, unsalted (healthy fats, lower cholesterol, fiber, weight loss): Sunflower seeds on the cheaper end, and Brazil nuts on the more expensive side.
- Yogurt, unflavored (protein, loaded with healthy probiotics): Research indicates that yogurt not only helps people lose weight, but helps them maintain muscle while losing weight. Less than a dollar a serving.
- Tuna, canned (HIGH PROTEIN, some healthy omega-3’s): Look out for when its on sale, and then buy a bunch. For consideration of heavy metals, consume no more than 1-2 servings per week.
- Garlic, bulbs (Delicious herb, also has antiviral properties for healthy immune system): Store in a cool, dry, place.
Does it really make sense to eat at restaurants all the time? From both a money and a weight loss perspective: NO WAY!
Save your money, put it in the rainy day fund or stocks.
Meanwhile, eat healthy for leanness and longevity!