Deadlifts provide valuable training stimulus
They also go to show how strong you REALLY are.
That is because true strength requires muscles throughout the entire body to work at the most efficient joint angles. Technique is incredibly important for injury prevention and performance.
Like any exercise, deadlift is a skill which requires the lifter to learn the deadlift movement pattern.
For the deadlift, you should take note of these
1. Full body tension
2. Legs and hip drive
3. Squeeze the butt aggressively
4. Bar is as close to the body as possible during the entire lift
Need to correct – Leaning forward
1. Chest Up
2. Hips back
3. Drive through the heels
Sit back into the rep, focus on using glutes as the power player.
Need to correct – Hips rise too fast
1.Focus on Leg Drive
2. Push heels into the ground
3. Spread the floor with your feet
Need to correct- Stopping short
1. Pull the bar towards the body
2. Squeeze glutes forcefully
Need to correct – Too much lower back on way down
1. Keep the chest up
2. Let the hips drop as soon as bar passes the knees
How to Improve your Deadlift
Main ways to improve the Deadlift
- Practice the deadlift (train the deadlift)
- Get stronger in all key areas (upper back, lower back, core, glutes, hamstrings, quads)
- Practice the deadlift!!!
More reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LhYspMFUmY
More reference 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qRntuXBSc
Keep at it y’all. Cuz you realize that when you’re deadlift technique is good, you WILL have a strong, strong, strong back and legs. Your spine will be protected by slabs of muscle and you will feel the strength in all the other areas of your life!!
(Comments disabled for this particular article due to spam — ask a question elsewhere or participate on another page!)