In between intense video gaming sessions of Halo 2 as a kid, my mom would tell me to “get some fresh air.”
But that was before I knew the power of a healthy tan.
20 minutes in the sun is good enough for Vitamin D production and may even promote peaceful realizations that there is much in life to be accomplished having such a sturdy body.
Video games no longer have the influence that once gripped my time, and now I truly have direction…but am I really spending enough time in the sun for healthy Vitamin D production?
And are you?
Vitamin D: One Key to Healthy Living
The human body is a complex system of processes that requires the full spectrum of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients for healthy functioning.
Vitamin D is essential for the body because it promotes apsorption and healthy blood levels of Calcium and Phosphorus. Both minerals are imperative for health of the skeletal system.
Vitamin D is so important that most, if not all cells in the human body have Vitamin D receptors! Still think you’re getting enough D?
Health Benefits of Vitamin D Supplementation
- Treament of bone disorders such as Rickets.
- Skin conditions such as Psoriasis may improve with Vitamin D supplementation.
- Studies have shown that Muscle weakness/Pain, particularly in the lower back, have improved with Vitamin D supplementation.
- Research has shown that when blood serum levels of Vitamin D are in a healthy range, then there is less correlation to the following conditions: Cancer, Diabetes, Rate of Falling in Elderly population, Multiple Sclerosis, Osteoporosis, Tooth Loss, and Post-menopausal weight gain.
- Combined with calcium supplementation, Vitamin D aids in STRONG, HEALTHY BONES for LIFE!
How to Get Enough Vitamin D
- In summertime, get between 10-30 minutes per day in peak sunlight on as much of your body as (legally) possible.
- During months or geographical locations where there is insufficient sun: Supplement with 1000-2000 IU of Vitamin D-3 per day. Choose a vitamin brand that you trust.
Vitamin D is necessary for a healthy life. The evidence and the research has shown over and over again, that Vitamin D + Calcium will have your skeletal system running lively and with density.
So…Take your pills in the winter, and get some sun TODAY!