We want injury prevention, superior balance, and a sexy butt.
I’m going to show you how, with three lower body exercises that help you develop functional strength with real life application.
1. Bulgarian Split Squat
- Begin with bodyweight only (no added weight)
- Stand up two feet in front of a bench
- Bring one leg back, so that the top of your back foot is in contact with the bench
- BEGIN MOVEMENT: Lower your butt back down towards the ground
- FINISH MOVEMENT: Explode, utilizing glute muscles, back to starting position
2. Seated Calf Raise
- Adjust machine to fit your body
- BEGIN MOVEMENT: Lower weight for at least 3 seconds (focus on eccentric motion)
- FINISH MOVEMENT: Explode, using as much power from your calves for maximum benefit.
3. Barbell Step Up
- Use appropriate weight
- Stand, with a bench two feet in front
- BEGIN MOVEMENT: Lift primary leg and plant heel on the bench with force
- Stand up on bench while squeezing glutes
- FINISH MOVEMENT: Lower leg back to the ground, and STAY UNDER CONTROL (in order to absorb force properly).
- Increased balance
- More power
- Injury prevention
- Lower back health
- Physique development
- Fat burning