I once tried eating ONLY healthy, low-carb, low-cal ALL the time…
But within two weeks, I was out with friends binging on beer and fried foods.
Unfortunately, unplanned cheating completely screwed up my fat-loss goals and it took weeks to get back in the groove.
In Support of the planned Cheat Meal.
What is the cheat meal?
A cheat meal is a planned, deliberate meal that satisfies your cravings so that you can continue with fat-loss goals.
But once the cheat meal is over, you go back to the normal fat-loss eating.
Benefits of the Cheat Meal:
- Allows you to live a realistic lifestyle
- Maintain social connections despite high-calorie event
- Revives your body away from starvation mode
- The joy of a carbo-loaded feast!
Take your body OUT of starvation mode
If you are on a low-calorie diet, eventually your fat-loss may plateau. One possible reason is because your body has gone into starvation mode.
At this point, it does everything it can to hold on to the weight — even if it means losing muscle tone and slowing metabolism.
You need to remind your body that you aren’t in the African Savannah about to starve to death.
Thats what the cheat meal is for.
Pump some extra gas in the tank — don’t top it off, just fill it to the rim.
Used strategically, the Cheat Meal can help you burn fat and live a happy life.
Cheat meals are best…
- Once or twice a week
- Don’t stuff yourself, just enjoy the pleasure of the food
- Plan it — especially if you know you’ll be spending a night on the town this weekend
- Hit the gym beforehand — the extra calories will help your body recover and restrict unwanted weight gain
Cheat meals work wonders.
My favorite cheat meal includes plenty of greasy, cheesy, fried, and funky foods. (with a beer)
Whats your favorite cheat meal?