Maria stopped to ask me, not for directions, but whether walking can actually get her Fit.
Does your Body Move?
For the average person, walking will burn 200-300 calories per hour and guess where the energy comes from?
Glorious, glorious Fat reserves. Since the body moves at a slow enough rate while walking, it can utilize the fat stored on your body.
If you live in an Urban environment, you are probably already walking an hour a day — walking still gives you the benefits even if it’s spread out through the day.
How To Use Walking To Get FIT:
- Embrace walking in everyday life. Park your car far away from your destination, take the stairs, and watch yourself become leaner.
- People who are very out of shape can use walking as a progression in order to start more intense activity.
- –> Walk 35 mins per day, 4x a week for two weeks. How do you feel now?
- Go to the city, but bring your own food. Walk around the city all day, go shopping, see events, and bring a healthy snack with you so at the end of the day, you look even better!
- Lose the car. Walking during the day ADDS UP. City dwellers burn an extra 300 calories per day just by walking. That means 1 pound of fat in 12 days. If you walk an hour a day, you burn 30 lbs of fat more per year than a sedentary suburbanite. Pretty girl in the city, walking everyday, no wonder, eh!
Yes, more intense activities will give you more bang-for-your-buck, but walking is unique.
Incorporate walking as part of a lifestyle and you can burn REAL calories without breaking a sweat.
Sweet deal, friend.
You’re looking better already.