Benefits of Pull Ups
- Strengthen biceps, grip, and back muscles
- Develop functional strength in the upper body
- Promote fat-loss and physique improvements
- Are achievable by men and women with dedication
Form Cues for Pull Ups:
- Grip the bar hard
- Keep “active shoulders” by pulling your shoulder blades back (as shown in the video)
- Maintain core tightness
- Squeeze your butt (it helps for strength, I promise)
- Keep legs tight and close together (many people will cross their legs)
*Pull with your elbows — in order to activate your stronger back muscles
*Be explosive — it’s much easier to go up fast than go up slow.
*Believe you will improve with practice
Also, check out the Chin Ups variation.