I like carbs because I believe in a balanced diet.
The ideal carb-rich food:
- contains high fiber
- strong antioxidant capacities
- hydration or mineral sources
- live culture and probiotic activity
- Fibrous carbs: Lentils, split peas, quinoa, brown rice, some roots, mushrooms, green leafy vegetables, and other plants/herbs.
- High antioxidant/anti-inflammatory capacities: Beets, leafy green vegetables, colorful fruits, algae, green grass juice, purple potato, cherries, blueberries, black beans, peaches
- Hydrating or mineral dense: coconut water, fresh juices from colorful ingredients, fresh fruits, plants from the ocean, sweet potatos
- Probiotic activity: Kombucha (very popular now), Kefir, tempeh, fermented vegetables (common are kim-chi and raw sauerkraut), any fermented plant containing beneficial bacteria
- Vitamins: Sweet Potato (beta-carotene / vitamin a), chickpea (vitamin b-6), red bell pepper (high vitamin-c and antioxidants), beet juice (folic acid), this is a cool resource
Use carbs for energy and those benefits
and stay tuned