Power up your workouts
Many people will reach a fat-loss plateau if their workouts have no progression. You need progressive resistance techniques. You must strive to do more physical work in a shorter time period.
The body always seeks to adapt, therefore the work is never truly done.
Always strive for more, while understanding that recovery is even more important than your workouts.
You will burn more fat outside of a workout
By focusing on recovery, you will burn more fat in the day than you could ever burn during a one hour workout session. Here are some practical recovery trips:
- Consume lean protein and ideally a nutrient dense carbohydrate within 0-60 minutes post-workout
- example: eggs/beans, chicken/rice, protein powder/designer carbohydrate, etc
- Move around and stay active
- stretches (especially dynamic stretches), bodyweight squats and hip bridges, going for a brisk walk, outdoor activities, jumps/leaps or sports
- Consume lean protein at every meal
- feed the lean, simple as that
- Prioritize sleep
- examples: drink relaxing tea after dinner, minimize exposure to light in the hours before bed, try a melatonin if you are forced into a different sleep schedule (such as shift work), naps
- Hydrate with water
- Eat living food with active cultures and live probiotic bacteria
- You want to support the symbiotic colonies that make your digestion even possible.
- Having a healthy gut ecosystem affects all things human (from the smell of your feet, reproductive health, and even whether you’re more likely to burn additional fat)
- Other option is eating pre-biotic (food that is pre-curser to the natural bacteria present from birth). Examples: ginger, banana, onions etc
- REMEMBER: Muscle groups can take between 12-36 hours to recover and a big part depends on your lifestyle factors
I would always kick your butt in a workout and leave you destroyed, but unless the recovery is a priority for you then we have to possibly limit the intensity of your workouts.
Bonus: things that hurt recovery
- No sleep
If fat burn is your priority, avoid those and deal with it.
Thanks for reading people, stay tuned..